Job Opening - Graphic Designer
Turn your experience into a career at MasterPieces Puzzle Company
MasterPieces Puzzle Company is a jigsaw puzzle company that sells our collection of puzzles and board games and wood craft kits to mass merchandisers, craft stores, museums, specialty stores, and gift shops throughout the world.
We are currently seeking an experiencedGraphic Designer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take art direction and use it to enhance the overall concept and design aesthetic.
- Work with multiple licensor style guides to develop creative and effective packaging and merchandising.
- Create innovative design solutions across multiple platforms including package design, product content, tradeshow graphics, display and print advertisements, publications, presentations, web graphics, logo/brand identity and other materials.
- Research, gather, photograph or illustrate visual content for projects as needed.
- “Mock-up” products by mounting and cutting out packaging, display content artistically, paint craft projects, and use shrink wrap machine.
- Create production ready (print ready) files.
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- 3 years professional experience with computer graphics, photography, and design work.
- Proficiency in the following software programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat Pro, QuarkXPress and Microsoft Office products, and photographic equipment.
- Knowledge of photoshop photo retouch and photography a plus.
- Design experience with packaging, POP, print collateral and advertising.
- Structural package design a plus.
- Possess expert knowledge of techniques, methods, and procedures of graphic design, 4-color process, pre-press, digital, offset print production, web site graphics.
- Resolve project technical issues, proof materials to ensure quality, and deadlines are met.
- Work effectively with individuals and teams, utilize excellent communication and organization skills, manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess high attention to detail.
- Strong, accurate, creative and problem-solving skills.
- High level of excitement for design and upbeat, positive attitude a must.
- Hardworking, consistent, dependable, organized team player.
- Bachelors degree or higher in graphic design or media arts.
MasterPieces Puzzle Company offers a competitive compensation package that includes: Base pay and a full benefits package including health, dental, voluntary life, STD/LTD, 401K, holidays, PTO and paid vacations.
MasterPieces Puzzle Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.